This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to set up to boot OpenPlotter from an SSD disk
Hi,
I'm coming towards the end of my OpenPlotter build (yes I will document and post when done) but I have one major hurdle left.

I have incorporated an SSD Disk over USB in my build and want to boot from that one instead of from the SD card (yes I know how to tell my RPI-3 to boot from USB).

I downloaded etcher (to my PC) to write an image to the SSD (I think I've understood how to do that).

My challenge is that I need a valid image and Etcher refuse to use the OpenPlotter download that I also copied to my SD card (as per a normal OpenPlotter install). I assume that isn't a plain image so that's why it fails.

I have just installed a fresh OpenPlotter to my SD card and am running the update to the latest version right now. Once this is done, can I copy that image any way to my SSD or how should I go about doing this. I'm totally lost unfortually.

Can I do this on my PC (I'm no Linux wizard to say the least...) or can I mount my SSD (currently fresh without any file system) to my RPI and copy my SD image to the SSD - HOW??

Does anyone know the easiest way fwd??

BR
Lars

Messages In This Thread
How to set up to boot OpenPlotter from an SSD disk - by LarsD - 2018-04-17, 05:17 PM