This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sailing with mobile devices... issues to consider
As I told you past week I would give some info about how the QC.3 quick charge  I bought from Aliexpress works to give power for the rugged phone I use as an OPlotter outdoor display.
As you know, the phone has a really big battery and therefore to keep it full charged requires a certain level of power, especially if at the same time we are pushing it to the limit and with full brightness.

After drilling and installing it, you could see that it looks good and quite pretty. The quality of the product made of metal -aviation aluminum- looks good.

[Image: cerrado.jpg]
[Image: abierto.jpg]
I was using it in navigation all day and I could check that it has enough power to keep everything running and even to push the battery to 100% of charge with the screen at full brightness and all the applications working hard. I am quite happy with the result.
[Image: montado.jpg]
Now I can enjoy all the advantages of OPlotter -opencpn, remote desktop, NMEA0183 data over wifi, Signal K data etc.- without any limit off power. I'm glad. Smile

[Image: IMG_20180605_155601_0.jpg]
Why are sailors more daring than other men?
Because: No man is so often afraid
like the sailors.

"Of the questions of the seafaring world", in
The Tree of Science, Ramon Llull

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sailing with mobile devices... issues to consider - by pinguino - 2018-06-19, 01:31 PM