This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compass lag
I don't really see this. For me, the only way it would do what you describe is if the compass is not properly calibrated, so it follows the gyros when turnng, then re-stablilizes to the incorrect compass value.

It might be a problem in your setup. Do you have other devices on i2c? Are you running imu only mode? Can you stop this, and manually run pypilot_boatimu from a terminal?

Could you compare the values imu.heading and imu.heading_lowpass? Can you increase the value of imu.heading_lowpass_constant using the "signalk_client_wx" program once the server is running?

Does the headingrate lag in the same way as heading?

Messages In This Thread
Compass lag - by Saqqara - 2018-06-21, 08:19 PM
RE: Compass lag - by seandepagnier - 2018-06-21, 09:48 PM
RE: Compass lag - by Saqqara - 2018-06-21, 10:17 PM
RE: Compass lag - by seandepagnier - 2018-06-21, 10:25 PM