This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
automatically selecting autopilot gains
Currently building my first pypilot, I understand I would still need to adjust PID-gains based on circumstances. While I welcome the possibility to do so, I'd hate having to do this. At the risk of re-inventing the wheel I made a little concept for some automation of this process. It would automatically choose between predefined, coherent sets of gains, based on signal-k parameters. Curious to hear if that would make sense and also fit in the flexible architecture, particularly in conjunction with autogain.py. For now I'm thinking about running it in openplotter, connecting to the signal-k server of tinypilot though wifi. See also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHjVqeqYePg

Thx,

-

Messages In This Thread
automatically selecting autopilot gains - by ironman - 2019-07-07, 11:49 PM