This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Plotter & Navionics AIS support
(2019-08-06, 03:34 PM)rudolfscholte Wrote:
(2019-07-17, 04:02 PM)JYou Clark.Dennison Wrote: After fiddling a bit I did get this to work. Here is what I added to my kplex settings file.

[udp]
name=out_nav_udp  <-this can be whatever you want
direction=out
optional=yes
address=10.10.10.255 <-since I use my open plotter in headless mode the range gateway was 10.10.10.1, I picked this based on something I found but it was the fix
port=2000

You don't need to use the advanced option, you can use the GUI to add the new network.

Once you have connected to the Openplotter wifi network (mine is called openplotter) I was able to see targets in navionics. Pretty cool stuff.

Hope this helps.

Thanx a lot! IT works, but unfortually have to open THE internal GPS on the tablet.

What to do to receive the gps signal from openplotter?

I don't think Navionics will use the NMEA GPS info. The KPLEX is certainly spitting it out but I don't think Navionics has coded to look for anything but the AIS info.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Open Plotter & Navionics AIS support - by Clark.Dennison - 2019-08-09, 10:24 PM