This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only compass mode on tiny pilot
(2019-07-23, 11:47 PM)webber63 Wrote:
(2019-07-23, 04:45 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: In that case, I suggest:

1) connect openplotter to tinypilot using wifi.
2) add connection in opencpn to tinypilot (192.168.14.1 if tinypilot is AP)  tcp port 20220, and be sure to input and output on this port
3)  You should see C G W T on tinypilot screen instead of only C, and wind, gps (and true wind) modes should be possible.

Ensure the relevent gps and wind sentences are being sent from opencpn to tinypilot using the nmea debugger window of opencpn.

Well, I had tried this configuration last saturday but did not work.
I tried it now, it works.
The problem was due to the Garmin plotter connected in/out via rs232 on kplex.
May be it overcharged tinypilot with tons of redundant data. Now I have set a filter on output of the plotter accepting only APB data. Now everything works.
Thank You very much for your help

For me it still doesn't work I can get IIMWV to tinypilot an get Windmode, sometimes I can get GPRMC and get GPS Mode, but as soon as send them both, or even together with GPAPB (as i want to) there is only Compasmode. 

In the diagnostic i can see the right info is beeing send to tinypilot but the output from tinypilot gives a timeout (where normaly there should be Roll and pitch info when it is just receiving wind and giving wind mode). 

I have tried it with the latest image 28062019,tried both connecting to AP tinypilot and connecting tinypilot to openplotter with exactly the same result. 

OpenCPN pypilot plugin should also be able to send NMEA to the Tiny pilot but doesn't work (offcourse i have connection there), setting GPSD in opencpn doesn't work as it can only be used as input (output is greyed out as soon as i select gpsd). 
I also tried to setup a connection to tinypilot ont the gpsd port from openplotter with just GPRMC and GPAPB but it doesn't do anything with the GPSdata. 
It does to me seem like it is overflowing with data or can't handle different NMEA sentences. Hope someone can look into this cause i don't have ideas anymore.

greetings Rob

Messages In This Thread
Only compass mode on tiny pilot - by webber63 - 2019-07-20, 07:31 AM
RE: Only compass mode on tiny pilot - by syohana - 2019-07-21, 11:17 PM
RE: Only compass mode on tiny pilot - by webber63 - 2019-07-22, 08:40 AM
RE: Only compass mode on tiny pilot - by webber63 - 2019-07-23, 07:02 AM
RE: Only compass mode on tiny pilot - by webber63 - 2019-07-23, 11:47 PM
RE: Only compass mode on tiny pilot - by rmvdmrl - 2019-07-31, 10:16 PM
RE: Only compass mode on tiny pilot - by webber63 - 2019-08-01, 09:04 AM
RE: Only compass mode on tiny pilot - by syohana - 2019-08-01, 09:32 AM
RE: Only compass mode on tiny pilot - by rmvdmrl - 2019-08-02, 09:58 AM
RE: Only compass mode on tiny pilot - by rmvdmrl - 2019-08-03, 05:10 PM