This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rudder calibration not working
All of the settings are stored on the controller itself. This is supposed to allow switching between controllers to work better, but I'm not sure it is handled in the best way, and it maybe needs improvement.

It seems the settings on the controller are bad and being reloaded.

Once pypilot is running, you should set the correct settings. It is lazy about writing these to the controller itself, so you might need to leave it running a while to ensure the eeprom gets updated. If you unplug the controller and wait until no controller is detected, then plug it again, it should reload all the settings from the controller.

So for example, if you change the max current to 6 amps, or any other servo setting, then unplug controller data cable, or remove power from controller right away (before eeprom can update), wait 10 seconds, then connect controller and wait for it to load again, it could reset the settings to the wrong values again and then you will know the controller had these settings.

I recently changed the format stored in eeprom of the controller. I'm not 100% sure which tinypilot image you have at this point, but this image should have fixed it:

https://pypilot.org/images/tinypilot_28062019.img.xz

Let me know if the controller is the issue, and if the above image helps and we will know what to do next. I agree this is a critical bug.

Messages In This Thread
Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-20, 10:16 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-21, 11:04 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-22, 08:50 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-22, 10:15 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-23, 12:16 AM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-24, 08:23 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-24, 10:12 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by seandepagnier - 2019-07-25, 02:17 AM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-29, 11:27 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-08-01, 12:12 AM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-08-10, 10:44 AM