This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the <, <<, >> and > buttons
(2019-09-01, 12:43 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: What exactly are you trying to achieve?  Control from new button interface?   You might not want to make a new tcp connection to read each value.

I agree it should not move at the minimum speed, but also moving at the maximum speed could be bad in some cases.

What about a manual speed which you can adjust for manual control?   I want to improve manual control.

Sorry for not being clear. I'm worried that the saturated flag, which I seem to cause with my manual control action in standby mode, would impact the performance of the autopilot later on, when autopilot is activated. Like the machine says 'I'm saturated, I cannot work properly now'. 

So I'm not worried about the motor speed while doing manual control. The manual control motor speed is fine.

In other words, 
  • I don't know what to do when I see the saturated flag, and
  • I don't know what I have done wrong to cause the saturated flag.
So those are my questions.

BTW, I spent 3 hours today on the water testing my PyPilot raymarine tiller pilot conversion, and I'm over the moon with its performance! Sailing in 4-5 beaufort, consistently zero cross track error. So don't get me wrong - I'm quite happy.

Messages In This Thread
On the <, <<, >> and > buttons - by ironman - 2019-07-30, 04:45 PM
RE: On the <, <<, >> and > buttons - by ironman - 2019-08-31, 11:39 PM
RE: On the <, <<, >> and > buttons - by ironman - 2019-09-01, 10:03 PM