This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to connect Motor controller
(2019-12-14, 12:26 PM)pcmm Wrote: Thanks.  I tried searching the orum for motor controller information with no luck  in the search results.  Interesting that you need an arduino inbetween. (I haven't seen that in any of the documentation thus far.  Any help with good docs is apreaciated.  

Oh and BW  Chrome really hates this site.  everything comes up as "malicious"

I had the same issue and worked on a solution for three and a half weeks, basically rewriting 50% of the motor controller code that communicates with PyPilot. I just kinda sorta finished documenting everything on my hackaday page.

I don't have access to my schematics right now but I will try to upload everything on Thursday evening if I get the chance. I'm flying out over the holidays and would not have access to my PC.
However, my code branch on github should allow you to understand what pins to use to make it work. My version of the motor controller code is optimized for the IBT_2 fully integrated h-bridge which should be sufficiently powerful for most applications and then some.

Messages In This Thread
How to connect Motor controller - by pcmm - 2019-12-14, 04:08 AM
RE: How to connect Motor controller - by jim321 - 2019-12-14, 11:22 AM
RE: How to connect Motor controller - by pcmm - 2019-12-14, 12:26 PM
RE: How to connect Motor controller - by McNugget - 2019-12-16, 03:19 AM
RE: How to connect Motor controller - by jim321 - 2019-12-14, 02:13 PM
RE: How to connect Motor controller - by jim321 - 2019-12-16, 12:53 PM
RE: How to connect Motor controller - by McNugget - 2019-12-16, 04:17 PM
RE: How to connect Motor controller - by McNugget - 2019-12-20, 03:41 AM