This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linear actuator: Rudder sense with hall sensor?
Hi people!

I've bought a linear actuator with hall sensors for my pypilot setup, but since I have absolutely no experience with hall sensors I would like to ask you if some of you got a similar setup? 

I've measured the hall outputs (it's got two hall sensors) with my multimeter, and it reads 0, -5, and +5 v in what seems to be quite random intervals. (I guess it's because of the hall sensors sending tons of signals even on a very small push)
And my understanding is: the -5 volt signal is from Hall sensor A, and the +5 volt signal is from Hall sensor B. (Or in reverse, I'm not sure)

When I look at the code from the rudder feedback, it seems to be reading a relative position as if the hall sensor used is read like a kind of potentiometer, while I understand that my actuator (and most hall sensors) only reports the rotation in pulses, how will I go about using that instead, or is pypilot also using a system like this, and I'm reading in the wrong place?

Messages In This Thread
Linear actuator: Rudder sense with hall sensor? - by Rellek - 2019-12-29, 06:08 PM