This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5V power supplies RPI4
I am trying to stabilize my power for a RPI4 OP2 build.
I was using a LM2596  buck converter 3 amps max but I was getting the the low power warning.
I had to up the voltage to about 5.35 volts then no warnings?
I switched to a XL4015 rated for 5 amps max but I have the same issue. This has to be hard on the voltage regulator on the RPI?
Or is my meter bad?
 I am only drawing .54 amps @12 volts and that includes my USB Hub that has its own power. The Pi is drawing less then 1 amp @5 volts this is well within the range of both Buck converters.

Only the powered hub is plugged into the USB and i have the IMU and BME so power draw is at a minimum.
The connection to my 5v pin is though a pi52.com proto-hat the wire is 20 gage and about 2" long round trip.

Any Ideas?

Messages In This Thread
5V power supplies RPI4 - by ddelorme - 2020-01-23, 07:48 PM
RE: 5V power supplies RPI4 - by mgrouch - 2020-01-23, 08:33 PM
RE: 5V power supplies RPI4 - by ddelorme - 2020-01-23, 09:23 PM
RE: 5V power supplies RPI4 - by mgrouch - 2020-01-23, 09:42 PM
RE: 5V power supplies RPI4 - by ddelorme - 2020-01-24, 02:46 AM