This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Node-Red-SignalK-App
Hello everybody,

The last days I’ve worked a lot with the Node-Red-Version, that ist started as a App in SignalK-Server on Openplotter 2
I do know that most parts of Openplotter2 are still in beta, maybe solving my problem can help others
If you‘ll start Node-Red as SignalK-App there will be some special Nodes belonging so SignalK. These Nodes  are very usefull to implement SignalK-Messages directly in Node-Red, especially the SignalK input handler.

Now I will describe my problem: To store variables (flow, global etc) even after shutdown one can use „contextstorage“, described here: https://nodered.org/docs/user-guide/context
In a normal Node-Red installation you will find the folder „context“, where the variables a stored in. The folder is part oft he Node-Red-Installation, found here: ~/.node-red/context
To make use of the possibility of storage in /context I had to edit „settings.js“ as described in the link above.
So far so good.
When I try to use the same structure within the SignalK-App of Node-Red, no variables are stored. I can’t find the folder „context“ too. Even when I generate a new folder „context“ in the (nearly) same folder-structure no data will be stored.
Is this a bug in the Node-Red-Signal-K-App or do I miss something?
It would be nice to get an answer, that will help me.

Thanks
Michael, just back from „boot“-Düsseldorf, working with the open-boat-project guys

Messages In This Thread
Node-Red-SignalK-App - by Moeritsen - 2020-01-29, 03:03 PM
RE: Node-Red-SignalK-App - by tonylmiller - 2021-02-23, 09:48 PM
RE: Node-Red-SignalK-App - by farrucho - 2021-11-12, 12:57 PM
RE: Node-Red-SignalK-App - by PaddyB - 2021-02-24, 10:43 AM