This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumb questions
Quote:I found that the moitisseir hat uses the same imu as the tinypilot so the tinypilot is not needed.

Haha, okay, I was afraid that you'd found some deeper reason I didn't know about, but so far the Moitessier HAT does seem to do the trick.

Quote:I am just trying to get the hardware together to begin setting this up and its not easy to work out which is the best way to go before laying down the cash.

I'm going at it from the software side first, messing around with some hardware I have laying around while I wait for parts to show up. Today I managed to make a servo-motor wiggle. It's kind of hard to test properly when I'm not on an actual boat!

One important software "issue" you need to know is that you need a connection from OpenCPN to pypilot it you want GPS mode to work. Otherwise you'll be restricted to compass mode. It needs the GLL sentences for it to work, and you could probably get them direct from the GPS, but I think OpenCPN also adds some sentences for route following.

Messages In This Thread
Dumb questions - by MikeNT - 2020-02-06, 02:14 AM
RE: Dumb questions - by emilecantin - 2020-02-06, 04:55 AM
RE: Dumb questions - by MikeNT - 2020-02-06, 05:03 AM
RE: Dumb questions - by emilecantin - 2020-02-06, 05:15 AM
RE: Dumb questions - by MikeNT - 2020-02-06, 05:42 AM
RE: Dumb questions - by CapnKernel - 2020-02-07, 01:55 AM