This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I2C port configurable
I promised some update if I knew more:
- after getting an error of wrong ID (112) I replaced the MPU with another MPU9250
(exchanging the cheap noname MPU by a Sparkfun worked here).
- I hardcoded on every spot i2c-bus = 2 (as required by my hardware)
- the RTIMULib still uses some autoconfiguration, where a default i2c-bus of 1 is assumed
after setting the RTIMULib.ini the RTIMU also works correctly.

After these changes most Openplotter scripts work.
Since I have to give a password for sudo I needed some changes in sudoers to get everything working without auth.
And I did not use Openplotter by the book, but after openplotter-i2c-read and openplotter-pypilot-read were running
the configuration tools worked as well.

The problems with the IMU became visible after the umpteenth reinit when using pypilot_boatimu without options.

Most changes for openplotter-i2c where pretty straightforward replacements of the i2c-bus in python.
Configuring RTIMU made openplotter-pypilot work (and one changed i2c-bus in a i2cdetect call).

The reason to still ask you to implement the a configurable i2c port is that those features should be upstreamed when possible (and my coding style is quite bad).

Through it all I got one other feature request:
For pypilot the data needs to be obtained in realtime, when using the IMU in compass-only mode, could the measurement frequence drop to perhaps once every 1-10 seconds?
I think after accuracy powersaving gets more important for compass-only. Or perhaps this was allready requested?

Messages In This Thread
I2C port configurable - by hreuver - 2020-03-08, 05:59 PM
RE: I2C port configurable - by Sailoog - 2020-03-09, 11:35 AM
RE: I2C port configurable - by hreuver - 2020-03-09, 11:01 PM
RE: I2C port configurable - by Sailoog - 2020-03-10, 05:00 PM
RE: I2C port configurable - by hreuver - 2020-03-14, 04:05 PM
RE: I2C port configurable - by sebba - 2021-05-04, 04:33 PM