This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Openplotter Charts slow on Raspberry Pi 4
I have the same problem. Using UK oesnc vector charts I cant get get any sort of reasonable performance. When no charts are loaded I am able to pan and zoom the base map at high speed, but when loaded it can take 10 seconds to move the chats. Very frustrating. This is with a 3b+ pi and open plotter 2. I tried a raspberry pi 4 which also has poor performance.

I've had better luck using qtvlm with visit my harbour vector charts in terms of performance, however i did find it would crash fairly regularly. In the end i'm using a windows laptop hidden away in the chart table connected to the monitor orignally installed for the Pi. What is fairly surprising it draws around the same amount of current (600mA) as the the Pi 3b+.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Openplotter Charts slow on Raspberry Pi 4 - by chrismiller - 2020-07-08, 11:49 AM