This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pypilot motor output
Sorry for the confusion. The protocol used is not proprietary at all, but it is binary. I used this format as opposed to signalk or some other format (nmea doesn't really work without using only custom sentences anyway) to minimize latency and processing requirements by sending small 4 byte packets each way.

This allows commanding the motor over serial at only 38400 baud to take only 2 milliseconds for reaction time, and even allows lower bauds like 4800 to be viable.. but it seems transmission distance at 38400 isn't usually a limitation after all.

I am still making everything on my store despite corona virus (which has not affected me much at all except for what I read in the news) In fact a few people here at anchor (myself included) enjoy the quarantine as an excuse to tell the drunk people stay well away from them and generally avoid everyone else as well.

I last went out once more than a week ago, and buy food only every 10 days. I have not witnessed much difference here, people can still drive their cars from hundreds of miles away and show up at the marina. Most people think that "stay at home" doesn't apply to them because they "aren't sick" and their area has "few" cases so everything will be "ok" I won't be surprised if things get out of control here and I can't mail anything for a while.

Messages In This Thread
Pypilot motor output - by janne - 2020-03-26, 11:02 PM
RE: Pypilot motor output - by ironman - 2020-04-10, 10:00 PM
RE: Pypilot motor output - by janne - 2020-04-13, 02:51 PM
RE: Pypilot motor output - by seandepagnier - 2020-04-14, 02:08 AM
RE: Pypilot motor output - by janne - 2020-04-15, 10:40 AM
RE: Pypilot motor output - by ironman - 2020-04-15, 12:01 PM
RE: Pypilot motor output - by asahi - 2020-04-26, 04:11 PM
RE: Pypilot motor output - by seandepagnier - 2020-04-27, 01:17 AM