This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RS485 USB - SignalK NMEA Serial input log
Hello, 

you should add ONE serial input ONLY to ONE App!

Before kplex the only way to include serial input was SignalK.Server. The setting seems okay, but be shure to set the config there to "NMEA0183". I am not shure if the BAUD rate will matter, but 4800 is the lowest Standard here. If you get correct Data it is okay. For USB-GPS i use 4800 or 19200 normally. Most USB-devices set the Rate someway automatically.

Your Depth NMEA Data looks some way disturbed, the Depth Numbers should be readable as Numbers in the Data, in your date there are empty ", , ,7, ,M ". It should look as something like: "xxx,1,4,M,yyy" for 1,4 Meter.
Otherwise the $SDDxxxand the Checksum at the End is correct, so your Baudrate is ok. Is your Boat swimming or on Drydock?

I would alias your USBxxx to something more readable in OP-Serial: usb.depth.
Then in OP-Serial connect it with NMEA0183 with 4800Baud to signalk. 
No setting in kplex. No other connections to this port.

If you see the Dxxx Strings in OpenCPN NMEA Monitor all is correct. 
If you don´t see the Depth Data then the Problem is in the Sensor itself (No Water, dirty etc.)

Good Look

Messages In This Thread
RE: RS485 USB - SignalK NMEA Serial input log - by holgerw - 2020-03-31, 09:59 AM