This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting though Covid 19
(2020-04-08, 06:46 PM)abarrow Wrote: Stuck at home on "recommendations" here in Mexico. Many believe the numbers are higher than the government is stating. People aren't taking it as seriously as they probably should, but non-essential businesses are shut down, beaches are closed, and I can't take the boat out sailing. Horribly, they have stopped sale of alcohol! I'm having to ration my rum and beer.

Using the time to finish up my latest OP build for the boat, and am expecting a 3D printer to be delivered today, so I'll have plenty of time to learn it!

Stay safe everyone, particularly you guys in Italy and Spain. We are all hoping you come through okay.

Well, here in Canada, everybody must stay at home, gatherings of any kind are prohibited. Steep fines ($300 - $1000) have been issued, those could go as high as $6000. It is a criminal act to not follow public health orders. Every non-essential business has been closed down. Unemployment has risen to 8%, 1M Canadians lost there jobs. Federal and provincial governments have been doing a fairly good job of putting together help packages. But it is sure that in the end, nobody will weather this without losses.

All bars and restaurants are closed of course, but alcohol and marijuana (which is entirely legal across the country) have been considered an "essential service" by health officials since the very beginning of the pandemic, so all liquor, beer, wine and cannabis stores are open. And doing brisk business. Like any other still opened business (grocery, pharmacy, hardware, etc.), security guards make sure that only very few clients are inside at any moment, everybody else queuing outside at 2 meters from each other. The running joke is that by the end of this pandemic, we will all have a clean and uncluttered house, be good cooks, have gained 20 pounds, either being divorced or having another baby on the way, and become addicted to more than Netflix.
"Overthinking, I try very hard not to do that."

Messages In This Thread
Getting though Covid 19 - by ddelorme - 2020-04-07, 09:51 PM
RE: Getting though Covid 19 - by Max1947 - 2020-04-08, 09:02 AM
RE: Getting though Covid 19 - by Sailoog - 2020-04-08, 01:06 PM
RE: Getting though Covid 19 - by Max1947 - 2020-04-08, 01:40 PM
Getting though Covid 19 - by luchin0 - 2020-04-08, 02:57 PM
RE: Getting though Covid 19 - by abarrow - 2020-04-08, 06:46 PM
RE: Getting though Covid 19 - by Nee-Wom - 2020-04-09, 05:34 PM