This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
autohelm 800 refit with pypilot motor controller
Hello every body

I just got a non working autohelm 800 and my goal is to integrate the pypilot motor controller (arduino nano) inside the autohelm case.
Since I have pypilot installed on an openplotter, i have two questions to tune my project :

1) I would like to reuse the autohelm buttons connected to the arduino to send back some basic command to pypilot like engage/disengage or tack. Can pypilot accept that kind of command from the arduino? if yes, where can i find the command frames?

2) I was thinking using an isolated RS422 link between open plotter and the arduino. But i also may consider using a low power wierless connection like blutooth or ziegbee reducing wiering and garanteeing isolation. does someone have feedback on wiereless communication between pypilot and the motor controller?

thank you all

adrien

Messages In This Thread
autohelm 800 refit with pypilot motor controller - by adrien - 2020-05-03, 12:52 PM