This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting PyPilot Into Existing Boat Network
Hello,
Following my earlier post, I've got the TinyPilot Computer and Hydraulic Controller all hooked into my aged AutoHelm setup.  I'm now looking at how to hook the TinyPilot Computer into my existing network.  I've got a couple of questions:

TinyPilot is currently working in 'Master (AP)' mode.  I want to get it to connect to my existing network so that it can then get GPS and wind data etc. from my NMEA feed.  I can connect to the 'pypilot' network, and within the WiFi front-end, in the 'Tinypilot Wireless Configuration' page there's an option to move from 'Master (AP)' to 'Managed (client)'.  Is there any documentation that explains how this works?  I've had bad experiences previously with running headless devices where I've managed to loose all connectivity after a bit of finger trouble with some configuration changes.  Do I need to SSH to the computer and edit some configuration files to specify the details of the boat network I'm going to connect to before moving to 'Managed (client)' mode?

When running OpenCPN, I've installed and enabled the PyPilot plugin.  I've connected to the pypilot network and opened a connection to 192.168.14.1:20220 within OpenCON and can see the data coming from the TinyPilot Computer.  But the 'Preferences' button on the OpenCPN plugin remains greyed-out.  Is there something else I need to do to get the plugin to work?

Cheers
Dez

Messages In This Thread
Connecting PyPilot Into Existing Boat Network - by diverdezzy - 2020-06-09, 10:35 PM