This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved] Need Help
I figured out the problem...When the power button was switched off, the 19V power was cut to the fuse block, turning off the power to the USB Hub, but because the Pi was still powered through the MCS Board, the USB Hub was still receiving 5V through the Pi's USB 3 port.  This power then back-fed through the Hub's power lead, through the Binzet DC Transformer, to the fuse block.  The fuse block would then show 5V, which was being sent to the on/off +V to the MCS board, keeping the Pi alive.

I fixed it...I added a 5A Schottky Diode between the fuse block and the Binzet DC Transformer which is powering the USB Hub.  This prevents voltage from backfeeding, allowing the on/off +V to the MCS Board to go to Zero, signalling the MCS App to shut the Pi down.

Messages In This Thread
[Solved] Need Help - by jamieFL - 2020-06-12, 04:33 PM
RE: Need Help - by jamieFL - 2020-06-13, 04:53 PM