This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing other OpenCPN versions
same problem for me. I began with openplotter v1 and opencpn 4.8. It was just fine for me. All OPENCPN plugins WAS AVALAIBLE . Unfortunatly my SD card failed and my rescue SD is corrupted. I am completly lost with the new version of Openplotter and the new version of Opencpn. I have no enrgy to learn on new versions.
Please let me download the old version v1.0. I do not use all the plugins because I do not need them for now.
The v1.0 is a plug and play system. Why to make it so complicated ? probably it is because it offer more possibility but are all users able to use it and do they need this ?
MS dos and Window made every thing easy by their plug and play approach. People enjoy that.
Having began with CPM dos, then MS dos, and finaly Windows I can remember that conne ct a new serial printer was a waste of time.
Ubuntu, I use on my booknote , has understood and made things easier. Please keep it in your mind. If not Openplotter will loose his interest and people wil say "too difficult, I avoid"
Please leave me the possibility to download Openplotter V 1.0 including Opencpn 4.8. I am sure this will be appreciate by newbees and old person as me
thank for your attention

Messages In This Thread
RE: Installing other OpenCPN versions - by fran674 - 2020-08-04, 04:20 AM
RE: Installing other OpenCPN versions - by monos1 - 2020-08-04, 08:59 AM
RE: Installing other OpenCPN versions - by paul42 - 2020-09-14, 06:55 PM
RE: Installing other OpenCPN versions - by paul42 - 2020-09-16, 11:51 PM