This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TinyPilot repeatedly restarting
Sean,

Thanks for that.

After installing the new image, I now get, after some time:

"Bad voltage fault"

I get this after some time regardless of the USB power supply used for the TinyPilot.  

And regardless of whether or not the Motor Controller (supplied with 12 vdc) is connected.  Of course, the TinyPilot complains when the Motor Controller is disconnected or not powered up "WARNING:   no motor controller".

With the "Bad voltage fault" message, the TinyPilot will not engage.

Took me some time to realize that the Bad Voltage might be to the Motor Controller and NOT the TinyPilot.  Measuring Voltage In to Motor Controller -- and checking in INFO menu -- shows voltage from the gel cell battery I am using is 10.9 vdc.    The specs state working voltage range should be
10.5-15v -- but maybe not in reality.  

I will try all this again with a more dependable 12VDC power supply. 

Does this make sense -- voltage problem?
Kip Hansen
S/V Golden Dawn
S/V Merlin
kip@i4.net

Messages In This Thread
TinyPilot repeatedly restarting - by KipHansen - 2020-06-25, 11:29 PM
"make a new sd card image" - by KipHansen - 2020-06-27, 08:13 PM
RE: TinyPilot repeatedly restarting - by KipHansen - 2020-06-30, 05:30 PM