This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TinyPilot repeatedly restarting
(2020-07-02, 05:49 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: bad voltage is the voltage to the controller, yes.   Either too high or too low.

Some of the older controllers don't work to as low a voltage, they may need 11.7 instead of 10.5, and if your battery is only 10.9 it might drop this in wiring and also when the controller draws any power, it will instantly drop and trigger this.

Can you charge the battery up?  If it's at 10.9 volts it might not be a very good battery anymore.

Sean ==>   Thanks, once I got the Bad Voltage Fault message, I suspected that the feature that prevents the AP from damage from low or high voltage and/or draining the boat batteries completely was kicking in. 

My 10.9 was foolishly low for a lead acid battery and in real on-the-water use would have never been allowed to happen -- I was just not paying enough attention with everything on the work-bench.   (My workbench boat is a boat shaped piece of plywood with all your bits mounted on it).

This is a steep learning curve for me at my age . . . . I am a little slower to absorb new ideas . . . . but I am getting there. 

PS:  If you are in Oriental still, I may get a chance to visit you if my son asks me to help with the ICW Beaufort-to-Norfolk leg. 

Thank you.
Kip Hansen
S/V Golden Dawn
S/V Merlin
kip@i4.net

Messages In This Thread
TinyPilot repeatedly restarting - by KipHansen - 2020-06-25, 11:29 PM
"make a new sd card image" - by KipHansen - 2020-06-27, 08:13 PM
RE: TinyPilot repeatedly restarting - by KipHansen - 2020-07-02, 06:35 PM