This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garmin Striker 4 NMEA Output??
Leeway Wrote:Yes, abarrow, That's what I've found. I have send him a message but I am awaiting response.
Thanks mluckham.
The mistery remains...
I wished to send depth data from Striker 4 to my Garmin 158i trought some conversion with Arduino or so but it seems it only sends wpt data asnswering a query (I suppose)...

How did you contact him (Kai Römer)? I found no option on his wordpress blog.

I also like to get depth data out of my Garmin Striker PLUS 5cv. You suppose that it is only wpt data. This would fit to what I found in manuals:

"You can connect your STRIKER Plus device to a compatible Garmin device (Striker, echoMAP, echoMAP CHIRP) to share user data, such as waypoints.
User data includes waypoints, saved tracks, routes, and boundaries."

I did not not yet start any experiment with terminal program and more but I am quite pessimistic that the current depth is somewhere in the data at all.

Good evening!

Messages In This Thread
Garmin Striker 4 NMEA Output?? - by tafische - 2020-07-01, 08:47 PM
RE: Garmin Striker 4 NMEA Output?? - by mTorp - 2020-07-03, 04:22 PM
RE: Garmin Striker 4 NMEA Output?? - by tafische - 2020-07-03, 04:28 PM
RE: Garmin Striker 4 NMEA Output?? - by tafische - 2020-12-07, 08:12 PM
RE: Garmin Striker 4 NMEA Output?? - by Leeway - 2021-01-04, 12:52 PM
RE: Garmin Striker 4 NMEA Output?? - by mluckham - 2021-01-05, 06:58 PM
RE: Garmin Striker 4 NMEA Output?? - by abarrow - 2021-01-05, 09:48 PM
RE: Garmin Striker 4 NMEA Output?? - by Leeway - 2021-01-06, 12:24 PM
RE: Garmin Striker 4 NMEA Output?? - by Serpent - 2022-08-02, 05:54 PM
RE: Garmin Striker 4 NMEA Output?? - by FRCesar - 2022-10-18, 08:09 PM