This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Openplotter 2 (latest) NMEA out Woes
Hi, where has this got too, I have a similar basic setup that I can't get working, yet it was fine on the old version 1. I have a Win 10 laptop running OpenCPN, and a RPI3+ with openplotter v2, with Signal K 1.33.
I want to send Autopiliot data from Opencpn to ST6000 autopilot on NMEA 0183. I have an serial input from ST60 instuments in NMEA0183 to Signal K and Openpncpn receives this via TCP.
I can output from OpenCPN on UDP and can see this data in Signal K, but it's not being transmitted to the Autopilot.
I also tried a direct link as suggested here from OpenCPN using serial on port /dev/ttyOP_nmeaout. I can see the data in the debug screen in blue, but nothing on the Autopilot.
This would seem a very basic setup which I have patiently working at - it shouldn't be this difficult when Kplex just worked.
Anyone got a simple write up, before I revert to version 1 again?
Thanks
Richard - floating around in Greece.

Messages In This Thread
Openplotter 2 (latest) NMEA out Woes - by tkurki - 2020-07-06, 01:37 PM
RE: Openplotter 2 (latest) NMEA out Woes - by Ratsea - 2020-09-12, 07:24 PM