This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wifi interference in harbor only
(2020-07-21, 12:39 PM)abarrow Wrote: Unfortunately, only the RPI4 supports 5G wifi on the board. You could plug in a 5g dongle.

Thanks, I'll try the pi4 when I have time to build it in.
I've got the dongle working on the 3b+, however I cannot get it to function as an AP. When I choose "use as internet sharing device" strange things happen:

- Choice: wlan0 (internal)
No AP is started anymore, both wlan0 and wlan1 will connect to my router
- Choice: wlan1 (external) 
AP is created, wlan0 still is the router internet connection and wlan9 is created as the AP.
wlan1 is still just a default connection that can connect to a router.

No matter what choice I make, wlan1 (external dongle) will not create an AP. Any ideas? I'd rather not do any manual configuration in hostapd files.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wifi interference in harbor only - by monos1 - 2020-07-20, 05:48 PM
RE: Wifi interference in harbor only - by abarrow - 2020-07-21, 02:28 AM
RE: Wifi interference in harbor only - by abarrow - 2020-07-21, 12:39 PM
RE: Wifi interference in harbor only - by jamos.tan@gmail.com - 2020-07-21, 12:44 PM
RE: Wifi interference in harbor only - by monos1 - 2020-07-22, 04:35 PM
RE: Wifi interference in harbor only - by monos1 - 2020-07-22, 05:02 PM
RE: Wifi interference in harbor only - by monos1 - 2020-07-22, 08:32 PM