This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
under voltage... WTF?
It's probably a wiring issue. It doesn't matter if the power is good. If the wiring is thin inside, the current that passes through it in burst moments is limited. Micro-USB connectors often have weak wiring and even the connector itself can be a cause of the problem. 

I have a 10 amp converter and have had to work my way through the wire until the icon disappears. At home I have the rpi4 with the original source and it doesn't mark lack of energy except if I overclock at 2 Ghz in which case it appears occasionally. Although it could also be due to the use of the Argon One case that has an extra circuit and consumes some power.

Messages In This Thread
under voltage... WTF? - by rastam4n - 2020-07-30, 12:35 AM
RE: under voltage... WTF? - by nebosa - 2020-07-30, 09:34 AM
RE: under voltage... WTF? - by PaddyB - 2020-07-30, 09:55 AM
RE: under voltage... WTF? - by monos1 - 2020-07-30, 10:19 AM
RE: under voltage... WTF? - by henker - 2020-08-01, 12:54 PM