This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AP gone wild!
(2020-08-15, 03:04 PM)w7thmark Wrote:
(2020-08-03, 07:55 PM)w7thmark Wrote: Thanks Sean.  I was at the boat yesterday and checked for loose connections.  Nothing obvious.  I also verified that I wasn't being stupid by putting new interfering devices near the computer.  Lastly, I tried renaming pypilot.conf and rebooting, hoping that a new default file would be created, but it seems that doesn't happen.  I'll get a pypilot.conf out of the distribution package and try that.

Answering my own post here in case the information is useful to others in the future.  I took the pypilot.conf out of the distribution package and replaced mine and everything is stable again, even though the old (that caused the crazy behavior) and new had same gains.   I have the old pypilot.conf saved and someday I'll carefully compare to see what the difference is.

In other news, I've never been able to get route following to work.  As soon as I select GPS mode, the plugin disconnects briefly and then reconnects in compass mode.  I'm carefully watching the other active threads on this subject.

As other have said, I'm not complaining here.  My first season with openplotter/pypilot has been great.  I'm blown away by the capability of this technology.  Great work Sean.

I had the same issue when I used the Moitessier Hat noobs or .img... I rebuilt using the starting.img and the problem has gone away. If you are using the Moitiessier hat image or started from a much older build I would encourage you to try this.

Messages In This Thread
AP gone wild! - by w7thmark - 2020-08-02, 04:56 PM
RE: AP gone wild! - by seandepagnier - 2020-08-02, 07:04 PM
RE: AP gone wild! - by w7thmark - 2020-08-03, 07:55 PM
RE: AP gone wild! - by w7thmark - 2020-08-15, 03:04 PM
RE: AP gone wild! - by rastam4n - 2020-08-16, 02:37 AM
RE: AP gone wild! - by rastam4n - 2020-08-16, 03:28 PM