This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SeaTalk 1 to NMEA0183/2000 with Raspberry Pi
(2020-09-08, 09:32 PM)Nikotine Wrote:
(2020-09-08, 05:25 PM)tkurki Wrote: The repo link in npm is outdated, see https://github.com/signalk/signalk-autopilot

Thanks tkurki! It seems that collision detection is indeed not done by the signalk-autopilot plugin, which makes sense if I think about it, as it's not doing the actual sending of datagrams.

So could Cari20's script be expanded to check for data collisions?
Or am I worrying about nothing?

I've got an ST40 bidata (depth sounder and log) talking seatalk as well, so I wouldn't want them to interfere with the autopilot, or vice versa...

The script could be expanded to check for data collisions. When you send a message you could listen on the input for that message and repeat it if you don´t see it after a given time.

I would´t worry so much about collisions because every device in the bus does this so if you use the interface just for the remote worst case you will end up having to press a button twice every once in a while, I mean the other devices won't be affected because they will be doing their own cheking (repeating garbled messages).  Anyway, It's at the bottom of my ToDo list.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SeaTalk 1 to NMEA0183/2000 with Raspberry Pi - by Cari20 - 2020-09-10, 10:42 PM