This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Servo Trim - pendulum rudder
Hi Sean,
thank you for your answer.

I have already tried to reduce servo.speed.min/max. Unfortunately the torque is not enough then. There I will
probably have to use a gear with a higher reduction.

The pure steering time for such a configuration is very short (from hard starboard to hard port) but there are
there is a slight delay in the reaction time.

I could imagine that it helps to give a short control impulse, and then wait a moment to see the reaction of
the boat. Is there a setting with which such a delay could be achieved?

That the steering behaviour will not be like with direct rudder control, I think so too. But I could imagine,
that it should work better than with the wind vane.

Besides the low power consumption, the much lower noise emission of such a system would also have to be considered.

Messages In This Thread
Servo Trim - pendulum rudder - by Indee - 2020-08-06, 10:26 AM
RE: Servo Trim - pendulum rudder - by Indee - 2020-08-30, 02:25 PM