This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signal K Filter
(2020-08-19, 02:38 PM)e-sailing Wrote:
(2020-08-14, 12:14 AM)Lazzz Wrote: I can prioritize the sentences that are doubled, tripled up as per the docs but how do you save it??

After I have been through & done them all & I restart Signal K they are all back there again!!

Is this normal?

Filter and Priority are part of the file /home/pi/.signalk/red/flows_openplotter.json and are saved there.
After you delete/edit/add a Filter or Priority. This file will be changed. To activate the changes, you need to restart Signal K which restarts Node-RED.
(Please check if signalk-node-red is installed. (SignalK Dashboard Appstore->Installed))

How does it work?
Openplotter Signal K Filter only adds a flow "OpenPlotter Filter" to Node-RED and add some subflows with Java code. So it is managed under the hood of Signal K.
It makes use of the  Signal K functions in Node-RED. And it is based on an example of Scott Bender (Signal K Slack forum. Thank you Scott!)

Yes it is normal. Last sentence of documentation warns.
"
Known issues
The Signal K server starts before Node-RED. A few seconds you will get data unfiltered.
"
So all your unwanted sentences (Filter/Priority) show up in the diagnostics but shouldn't update anymore!

Excellent!! Thank you so much Smile

Yes, I have Node Red - with several flows running.

Messages In This Thread
Signal K Filter - by Lazzz - 2020-08-14, 12:14 AM
RE: Signal K Filter - by Lazzz - 2020-08-16, 02:20 AM
RE: Signal K Filter - by PaddyB - 2020-08-16, 10:07 AM
RE: Signal K Filter - by Lazzz - 2020-08-16, 12:42 PM
RE: Signal K Filter - by PaddyB - 2020-08-17, 11:14 AM
RE: Signal K Filter - by Lazzz - 2020-08-17, 11:14 PM
RE: Signal K Filter - by tkurki - 2020-08-17, 11:39 AM
RE: Signal K Filter - by e-sailing - 2020-08-19, 02:38 PM
RE: Signal K Filter - by Lazzz - 2020-08-19, 10:20 PM