This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPI/OpenPlotter running on SDD HD without SD
(2020-10-03, 09:00 PM)paul42 Wrote:
(2020-10-03, 07:58 PM)verkerkbr Wrote:
(2020-10-03, 07:45 PM)Didier B Wrote:
(2020-10-03, 06:20 PM)paul42 Wrote:
(2020-10-03, 06:15 PM)verkerkbr Wrote: Did you upgrade to the latest kernel version ? version 5.4.69 (sudo rpi-update) and are you running the 64 bits version ? Then you get a quick respons.

Bram

Yes to 5.4 but no to 64 bits. Will have a look at that thanks

Paul
Same for me : rpi-update, RaspiOS 32b. 64 bit is still a beta version, advancing quickly...So I guess I will not wait very long ...

I am using a mSATA SSD 120 GB Kingspec, in an USB3.0 aluminium box, that kind ;
I Agree it is not much faster than a fast SD (extreme, U3 etc.)

The Sata version is much slower then the PCIe NVMe version. Running here very fast.

Bram

Forgot to say mine is SATA. Will try a PCIe NVMe & see how that goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvfIeTieXOI

Messages In This Thread
RE: RPI/OpenPlotter running on SDD HD without SD - by verkerkbr - 2020-10-03, 09:28 PM