This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
UDP MQTT to Openplotter with ESP32
Thanks guys that helps

I understood your comment tkurki I just didn’t know how to do it, but it’s obviously dead easy - thanks PaddyB.

So the final part of the problem now seems to be the Java JSON format which I understand nothing about. But I guess it’s a format where I have to state e.g that it’s a temp value and it’s measure in degC, or a wind value in this case, measured in knts.

I can see that in node red it’s possible to add a json node and this is something I would like to investigate if someone could just let me know how the standard format should look like. I’ll study it a bit maybe it will become obvious

So I studied a bit more and now understand that you can send anything as json, so if I just send a message like temp, c, number will SignalK then automatically understand it’s a temperature, it’s in degree c and it’s that number? Or does SignalK require a specific json setup?

Thanks guys
Peter

Ps: tkurki, I know you have provided me the answer in your code I just don’t understand it so please do not be frustrated with me...

Ok I found this:
http://signalk.org/specification/1.0.0/d...ranch.html

One more step closer I think.

Messages In This Thread
UDP MQTT to Openplotter with ESP32 - by Peter— - 2020-11-09, 03:57 PM
RE: UDP MQTT to Openplotter with ESP32 - by Peter— - 2020-11-10, 11:50 AM