This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solenoid mode for engine driven hydraulic pump
which fork of motor.ino?

The one from mcnugget although I applaud forks and experiments, this version added floating point computations (to simplify the code) but this is actually just not needed at all and this significantly degrades the performance of the motor controller. So I would be aware of this. This and a few other changes I do not agree with is why I cannot merge this code.

I'm not saying it won't work, and I have not tried it, but I suggest that the readings such as current, voltage etc, will be measurably less precise and the response time may also be worse. It's also possible maybe it resets if the watchdog triggers (unlikely) but if this is true, it would significantly degrade autopilot performance and you might just think pypilot is not as good as it really should be.

I am not really able to test/verify such forks but I don't recommend using floating point on the motor controller just to simplify a dozen lines of code or so, and I vaguely recall a few other changes which were not good either.

I am unsure of the other changes if they are stable or not. probably fine, but who knows: use at your own risk.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Solenoid mode for engine driven hydraulic pump - by seandepagnier - 2021-01-05, 12:17 AM