This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to log and graph battery (cell) voltage over time?
(2021-01-10, 07:30 AM)noel Wrote: Thanks for your pointers. Your 'How I did it' would be most useful.

I get the general idea of the hardware bits, but it is the fine details that I can'ts seem to work out, e.g 'data is updated every second but, in addition, the data is sent every 10 minutes over the internet to my home' - where and how do you program or define those intervals? Stuff like that.

I am sure there is all sorts of fine tuning and cool stuff I could do, but unfortunately it would take me a lot of time to learn all this to be able to tweak what others have done. I have already spent too many hours searching the forums on this. Hence my wish for a step by step 'recipe' that I can just blindly copy. So, if you are willing to do your 'how I did it' that would be fantastic. No rush - with COVID I am currently a long way away from my boat.

Noel

I too have some time on my hands so I'll get to it.
In the meantime if you wanted to follow the same route as me take a look at the wiki for the firmware I'm using on the ESP8266 Microcontroller and also Google and get familiar with Node-Red 
I'll be back

Messages In This Thread
RE: how to log and graph battery (cell) voltage over time? - by affinite - 2021-01-10, 09:29 AM
MQTT - by affinite - 2021-05-09, 10:24 PM
RE: MQTT - by baltika_no_9 - 2021-05-12, 09:05 PM
RE: MQTT - by affinite - 2021-05-13, 09:47 AM