This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incorporating NodeMCU ESP8266 senders
(2021-06-10, 06:20 PM)SCarns Wrote:
(2021-06-10, 04:23 PM)affinite Wrote: Im not an electronics expert (so please double check this) but I would have thought is would work if you simply created a resistance bridge to reduce the full-scale voltage from the sender to 3.3v then its just a case of calibrating the ADS1115 in ESPEASY.
The bridge would comprise Ground - 1kOhm -1 x 3kOhm - Attach to tank sender.(max 12v).
I would have thought this would work in parallel with the VDO gauges.

Thanks affinite!

I am sure it can work, I just don't (yet) have the knowledge to pull it off. This is a big help, though. Give me something to research further until someone else here says, "Hey dummy, just use 'X', attach it to 'Y' and plug it into 'Z'"!

Steve

The proposed resistance ladder makes sense if the tank sender ever saw 12V but I doubt it ever would yet I don't know your particular set up.
Does the sender unit itself have just two terminals sender and ground? Am I right that you are planning to retain the VDO gauges themselves as they work ok?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Incorporating NodeMCU ESP8266 senders - by baltika_no_9 - 2021-06-16, 08:54 AM