This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot reboot Pi - pypilot.service stuck
(2021-02-02, 10:46 AM)ironman Wrote: Ok i get it now. I would, parallel to the VNC session, start an ssh session (on windows: with putty.exe) to the same box and see what happens when you do the reboot through the vnc session and it is 'stuck'. At that point, list all processes that have pypilot in their name (ps -ef | grep pypilot), check out top, a few seconds of vmstat 1, check the status of the pypilot service (systemctl status pypilot.service or systemctl list-units|grep pypilot); check out /var/log/syslog. Copy all the output here, and I'm curious to see a regular picture of that screen at stuck time.

FYI I have a fresh openplotter image here, headless though vnc; I installed pypilot through the Raspberry --> open plotter --> settings facility, and have no problems with the Raspberry -->restart. Which, btw, I never used until today, because I always use sudo reboot ;-)

Cheers,

-

Ok thanks! Will try it! And, thanks that you have tested it as well! Did you use 2020-12-16-OpenPlotter-v2-Headless.img and do you have Pypilot installed on it as well?

Maybe also a good idea, if I disconnect all the hardware from the Pi. Or at least the Arduino. And test if there is any difference. I will post the output of your suggestions as soon as possible.

Ok so I cannot SSH over internet at the moment, so here's what I found out by looking into the syslog. 
I've looked for anything that has to do with Pypilot, I am not sure by looking at the log whether this was during boot or reboot. But I might have found something.

Sometimes I can see this above the pypilot.service stopping, and sometimes below.

Code:
openplotter systemd[1]: Listening on Load/Save RF Kill Switch Status /dev/rfkill Watch.

Also what I can see is that when the pypilot.service is topping, it is immediately started again. 
Code:
Feb  1 15:15:40 openplotter systemd[1]: openplotter-pypilot-read.service: Service RestartSec=2s expired, scheduling restart.
Feb  1 15:15:40 openplotter systemd[1]: openplotter-pypilot-read.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 1.
Feb  1 15:15:41 openplotter systemd[1]: Stopped openplotter-pypilot-read.
Feb  1 15:15:41 openplotter systemd[1]: Started openplotter-pypilot-read.
Feb  1 15:29:48 openplotter systemd[1]: openplotter-pypilot-read.service: Succeeded.
Feb  1 15:29:49 openplotter systemd[1]: openplotter-pypilot-read.service: Service RestartSec=2s expired, scheduling restart.
Feb  1 15:29:49 openplotter systemd[1]: openplotter-pypilot-read.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 1.

Maybe I'm looking at it in the wrong way, so I've included the log here: syslog
I'll do the top and vmstat 1 when I can SSH during reboot.
For now, this is all I've got.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cannot reboot Pi - pypilot.service stuck - by jamos.tan@gmail.com - 2021-02-02, 11:25 AM