This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot reboot Pi - pypilot.service stuck
Yeah on my desk here at home I have a pi4 with that image, but I see now I installed a pypilot from source on this machine, so it is not out-of-the-box. I logged some behaviour in attached file, so you can compare your log with it. There is some strange things in it that don't look right, but that might be due to the fact that I overruled the openplotter distribution. If you really want to get down to it, check out https://github.com/openplotter/openplott...terPypilot.

If you don't like a puzzle, I'd suggest you burn a spanking new image on a new sd card, and see if that gets stuck at reboot. If it does, post it on the openplotter forum. If it does not, do any configuration steps and test your reboot after each step. With a bit of luck, it does not get stuck anymore. 

BTW I don't really use the openplotter pypilot; I have a separate tinypilot in use on the boat.

Your log file does not seem to reveal more than the snipplet. That snipplet, btw, concerns this pypilot-read-service that synchronises data from the local pypilot to signalk. That mechanism seems to be obsolete now pypilot recently got zeroconf added.

Attached Files
.txt   openplotter-pypilot-services.txt (Size: 6.59 KB / Downloads: 173)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cannot reboot Pi - pypilot.service stuck - by ironman - 2021-02-02, 09:27 PM