This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Testing Setup - Help!
(2021-01-31, 08:52 PM)Boatingbaileys Wrote: Hi,

I think the cross domain security rule was in the Grafana config. It was something like enable embedding and then I was able to copy the link from share graph and paste that into kip.

/etc/grafana/grafana.ini file. Search for -ALLOW_EMBEDDING - I’m sure that was it.

The logging in kip relies on you keeping that page active and for me I find Grafana better for that. I do love Kip!

Thanks for your comment. I have ALLOWED EMBEDDING as per your recommendation in the .ini file. And it still doesn't work. I am not able to embed a Grafana dashboard or chart into a KIP widget. But I will keep trying!

I have solved the issue of the HDMI screen always blanking out after 10-15 minutes through an post I found somewhere online that described how to use the Raspberry Pi as a "Kiosk" of sorts. The instructions are as follows. It works perfectly. And now the screen only turns off when I press the power button on it. :-) And when I re-power it it's right back where I left of. This has also solved the issue with dropping the KIP and/or Grafana dashboarding. Seems like the raspberry Pi is now forced "ON" at all times and all processes keep running continuously.

sudo nano /boot/config.txt

add a new last line to the file a such:
hdmi_force_hotplug=1

and reboot
Cheers

Messages In This Thread
My Testing Setup - Help! - by ALULAsails - 2021-01-30, 10:34 PM
RE: My Testing Setup - Help! - by rastam4n - 2021-01-31, 06:35 PM
RE: My Testing Setup - Help! - by ALULAsails - 2021-02-01, 04:32 AM
RE: My Testing Setup - Help! - by Boatingbaileys - 2021-02-04, 08:49 PM
RE: My Testing Setup - Help! - by Boatingbaileys - 2021-01-31, 08:52 PM
RE: My Testing Setup - Help! - by ALULAsails - 2021-02-06, 07:24 PM