This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenCPN to Pypilot link via Signal K - Help?
Yes, I am very sorry about the data breakage, it has caused a lot of problems but I felt like I had no choice because this increases efficiency while also making pypilot more flexible for future developments.

If the pypilot plugin won't connect it is likely you have mismatched pypilot and pypilot plugin versions. So either new pypilot or new plugin. You can use the old plugin but it has to compile from source because the plugin manager of opencpn doesn't support it.

It is true also that the new pypilot automatically detects signalk-node-server which is typically running on openplotter by default. You can still use 20220 for legacy nmea data as well, and signalk is optional. Hopefully support in the future will improve to do more than nmea ever supported.

You don't need to upgrade the arduino or the motor controller, just the sd card image of the tinypilot.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenCPN to Pypilot link via Signal K - Help? - by seandepagnier - 2021-02-21, 08:01 PM