This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenCPN to Pypilot link via Signal K - Help?
(2021-03-25, 08:39 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: No need to add a port number.

First, ensure that pypilot is working.   You can do this in a variety of ways, for example a web browser to the ip address.   Next add a connection to opencpn to this ip on port 20220 (usually both input and output) and ensure you receive nmea data.

If this is working and you still cannot connect the plugin then it is a new problem...    Please attach the output from the opencpn.log file

There is no version 2.2.1 pypilot.   I do not know if this is the openplotter-pypilot version or where you found this, but the most recent version of pypilot is 0.24

Hi Sean, many thanks for your reply.  I got the Pypilot version from the top of the Pypilot window under OpenCPN 9see attached), but I have found the actual version is 0.16 (this came with OpenCPN 5.2).  Do I need to upgrade to  0.24 and, if I do, will I also need to upgrade my Arduino code?  
I have also attached the OpenCPN log file.
Outdoor sports are re-opening in the UK from Monday so I am really looking forward to trying out Pypilot on my 27' yacht.
Regards
David

Attached Files Image(s)

.txt   opencpn.txt (Size: 17.92 KB / Downloads: 207)

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenCPN to Pypilot link via Signal K - Help? - by drbarritt - 2021-03-26, 03:49 PM