This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daisy hat and openplotter
@rsalles Yes, easy is it, if that actually solves the issue - which it didn't in my case at least. It should not be required to sudo a serial read command. In my case I learned two things:

1. Do not use the uart script proposed by the daisy quick start guide. If you did, revert it by "sudo ./uart_control default". Use instead only the openplotter-serial utility, click on the UART button and reboot. Setup an alias for the daisy and link it to signalk.
2. If it still does not allow you to read serial data, unplug all other usb/serial equipment like GPS, wifi adapters, converters etc. Reboot the system with ONLY the daisy hat connected. This actually did the trick for me - I think this is an OS issue really - it is not related directly to openplotter or the daisy it self, somehow multible things try to read serial which also gives a permissions issue. No OS speciallist, but at least my assumption. After getting the daisy up and running, I simply connected the other stuff again with no issue.

I received great help from wegmatt really, although my daisy was fully functional (all the time actually).

Messages In This Thread
Daisy hat and openplotter - by bjarnej - 2021-02-21, 08:22 PM
RE: Daisy hat and openplotter - by Ski_Entropy - 2021-03-15, 04:25 AM
RE: Daisy hat and openplotter - by rsalles - 2021-03-22, 08:36 PM
RE: Daisy hat and openplotter - by rsalles - 2021-03-22, 08:38 PM
RE: Daisy hat and openplotter - by bjarnej - 2021-03-23, 11:05 PM
RE: Daisy hat and openplotter - by DG3612 - 2021-06-10, 03:48 PM