This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waveshare RS485-CAN-HAT (MCP2515)
(2022-02-01, 01:31 AM)holgerw Wrote: hello chdel - about the A+B connectors on the Waveshare CAN Hats:

i am not shure, did not test it much. They are interfaced to the normal Read/Write Lines of the Raspi.
To read them try "cat /dev/ttyAMA0" - but it is possible this port will interfere with the Bluetooth, but try
it out yourself. You have to enable it at first with the UART Button in openplotter-serial.

Often the lines will read the correct NMEA sentences if the Baudrate is correct, but sometimes you have to exchange + or - coming from some old devices...
As they are connected with drivers to the outside, the rpi pins should be safe from voltages higher than it´s 3.3 V.

But it will be easier to just use USB serial converters if there are free Ports.

keep healthy - Holger
I turned on the UART, tried swapping + and -, tested different config in opencpn but still no activity on opencpnOUT nor rs485
I should receive the USB rs485 soon and will give news. thank you, Christophe

Messages In This Thread
Waveshare RS485-CAN-HAT (MCP2515) - by Techstyle - 2021-02-26, 05:36 AM
RE: Waveshare RS485-CAN-HAT (MCP2515) - by SCarns - 2021-04-18, 05:51 PM
RE: Waveshare RS485-CAN-HAT (MCP2515) - by SCarns - 2021-04-14, 08:04 PM
RE: Waveshare RS485-CAN-HAT (MCP2515) - by ChDel - 2022-02-07, 08:59 PM