This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
newbi IUM problem
(2021-03-19, 12:53 AM)hreuver Wrote: Indeed the Invensense MPU9250 and the MPU9255 are obsolete. Some old batches can still be found on ebay, amazon or aliexpress.

Make sure you don't buy the bad apples as documented here. And make sure you buy some on reserve since some IMU's arrive DOA or do not perform according to spec (here). Or you could ask Sean if you can buy from him.

If you want a current IMU you could also try to buy a TDK/Invensense ICM20948, but support for that IMU has just arrived in github and it has not landed in TinyPilot or OpenPlotter yet (see the last post in the first link).

PS please make sure you type more accurately, since one a slight difference in the number is a world of difference in the IC.
PPS both the writer of the dummy manual and Sean are like me from Europe.

Hi there, 
Thanks for the reply, Yes, I did meant MPU9250.  
The MPU's I have are not DOA, they work with a simple Arduino sketch, and I can monitor the signals, they show the correct i2c address. However pypilot does not recognise them. 
With regard to the BerryIMU, there is a series of pdf's online documenting setting up pypilot with that IMU.  There is no detail on how this is configured.  Is this something that can be achieved easily?  
It is certainly a frustrating step in building a working system and have probably spent more on IMU's that the rest of the system combined.
Thanks again.
Cheers
Logan

Messages In This Thread
newbi IUM problem - by cloganmackay - 2021-03-18, 08:21 PM
RE: newbi IUM problem - by hreuver - 2021-03-19, 12:53 AM
RE: newbi IUM problem - by cloganmackay - 2021-03-19, 09:47 AM
RE: newbi IUM problem - by hreuver - 2021-03-19, 02:28 PM
RE: newbi IUM problem - by cloganmackay - 2021-03-19, 08:39 PM