This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't get Ruuvitag plugin to work in Signal K
I assume the Ruuvitags are sending data constantly, and that Signal K (via the signalk-ruuvitag-plugin) is not recognizing the data. Of the two tags I bought a week ago, the one that I did not update the firmware on is recognized first, usually directly after Signal K is launched. On the second tag I updated the firmware to 3.29.0 and it will show up hours later if i leave things alone.

Eventually both tags will quit updating in the Signal K data browser for some unknown reason if I am using other processes on the RPi. I wonder if the sudo setcap command is not persistent, and/or the RPi is dropping the BLE signal. The tags are one foot away and the Pi is in a plastic case, so distance is not the issue.

Would an external USB Bluetooth BLE adapter make a difference?

Alan

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can't get Ruuvitag plugin to work in Signal K - by traveler - 2021-03-31, 07:02 AM