This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autopilot Errors: no motor controller!
(2021-04-16, 07:33 AM)ironman Wrote: Just checking: you wired tx to rx and vice versa?

I'm making some progress now. The cable colours are different in the two parts of the serial cable so it really confuses me. I switched the tx and rx cables and now I see some blinking LEDs. But still no great success with the overall functioning. I am using a breadboard for connections whick might be a bad idea, so now I will do some soldering. I will get back later with more updates.

(2021-04-16, 08:06 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: can you show a picture of your hardware and wiring?

My motor controller functions as an arduino.
Not too proud of these connections, but it's only for lab use. At least the LEDs are blinking, whatever that means.

I am wondering quite a bit over the correct way to set up things in Serial and PyPilot in Openplotter. Port numbers 20220, 38400 and 4800 are being mentioned in the terminal output, but I have no idea how to set to any of these port. Also, I am asked to assign the alias to either NMEA2000, NMEA0183 or SignalK. What is this about? Now I have NMEA0183 since it was the only one that would allow adding to Pypilot being pressed.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Autopilot Errors: no motor controller! - by Guttagrynna - 2021-04-16, 03:29 PM