This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor.ino - drive relays?
(2021-05-06, 11:47 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: Well that is strange, because most windshield wiper motors draw far less.   There may be several windings, in most cases 3 wires.  There are only 2 combinations that are safe for motor, slowest and medium.  If you power at the highest speed it may just be bad for the motor and draw a lot of power since they are not intended for this, but it depends on which motor you used.

You've got me thinking maybe I have a bad one! There's only two wires going into the motor on this one, the other wires go into the gear reduction on the back, I'm assuming for the wiper park. Motor coil resistance is pretty low which makes the current reading make sense but it is still pretty high current draw for a motor of this size I guess.

Looks like my new MPU9250 is bad also, one axis doesn't want to do its thing, maybe I should buy a few of these things, seems many are faulty from the get go.

Messages In This Thread
Motor.ino - drive relays? - by splimp - 2021-05-05, 12:01 AM
RE: Motor.ino - drive relays? - by seandepagnier - 2021-05-06, 05:00 AM
RE: Motor.ino - drive relays? - by splimp - 2021-05-06, 02:29 PM
RE: Motor.ino - drive relays? - by seandepagnier - 2021-05-06, 03:20 PM
RE: Motor.ino - drive relays? - by splimp - 2021-05-06, 05:25 PM
RE: Motor.ino - drive relays? - by seandepagnier - 2021-05-06, 11:47 PM
RE: Motor.ino - drive relays? - by splimp - 2021-05-07, 01:58 PM