This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Generate custom NMEA0183 sentence in v0.8
(2017-02-14, 11:02 PM)Littlechay Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 06:20 PM)CVL Wrote:
(2017-01-23, 08:33 AM)Littlechay Wrote: Hi all,

Now to my question. I want to feed temperature and pressure into OCPN. v0.8 of OP generates the $OSXDR NMEA0183 sentence but OCPN does not handle that so I'd like to generate different sentences appropriate to OCPN (MTA for temperature for example). How do you change the sentences generated by OP is there a hidden interface somewhere? 

Thanks in advance Smile
Hello

Look at 1w.py in the the OP directory (normally ~/.config/openplotter or something like this)

I changed the sentence which is generated in this file, as my cockpit instrument will only read and show MTW sentence. But I want it to show the value from the DS18B20 sensor ... so I changed the values in 1w.py from XDR to MTW.

Fair winds
Christian

Thanks Christian. I had already found that but not been back here to update.. I haven't got the pressure to display in OCPN but haven't spent a lot of time on finding out what sentence it uses. Temperature was easy. I've been busy making a script to generate a polar file from logged NMEA data.
Hi Chris,
no problem. If you get your script running I would be interested...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Generate custom NMEA0183 sentence in v0.8 - by CVL - 2017-02-15, 10:23 PM