This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICM-20948 (QWIIC) setup or standard i2c
So as long as you run pypilot from the same folder it works after editing the file?

Are you really using icm20948 over SPI bus?    I wrote the icm20948 driver and never used it with anything besides i2c.

It is impractical to probe all spi busses including spi bus 5 without some kind of hint, normally I put an eeprom on the gpio header which creates a config file available on:
/proc/device-tree/hat/custom_0

Code:
{"mpu":{"driver":"icm20948",
        "port":"/dev/i2c-1"},
"lcd":{"driver":"jlx12864",
        "port":"/dev/spidev0.0"},
"arduino":{"device":"/dev/spidev0.1",
            "resetpin":26,
            "hardware":0.35}
}

Currently it autodetects the mpu ignoring this hint but this is where it would be expanded from to specify spi bus 5.   This way if you had a board for orange pi, it would have the eeprom programmed to specify that hardware setup, eventually even which gpio pins to use for keys if any.

the lcd and arduino hints are already used.

Messages In This Thread
ICM-20948 (QWIIC) setup or standard i2c - by esm - 2021-06-14, 08:31 PM
RE: ICM-20948 (QWIIC) setup or standard i2c - by seandepagnier - 2023-03-31, 05:12 PM